DR SEYED MOHSENI
CEO & Founder
Dr Seyed Mohseni is a serial entrepreneur who has founded a number of successful businesses with his academic background in Aerospace Engineering Design. He holds an MSc in Aerospace Propulsion (Cranfield University) as well as an MBA and doctorate in Gas Turbine Technology (Cranfield University). Samad Aerospace Ltd, is a UK based company, developing a range of vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) electric-powered business aircraft for civil aviation use.
MOHAMMAD REZA MARGHOUBKAR
Head of Operations
Mohammad Reza is a multi-skilled and ambitious engineer, who has completed his MSc in Mechanical Engineering as the top graduate in 2014.
Since starting his engineering work in 2012 he has gained vast engineering knowledge in different fields worldwide, including gas turbine optimisation, oil and gas, technical drawing, construction, manufacturing site QC/QA supervision, systems engineering, aerospace, and biotechnology.
As well as industrial and engineering experience, Mohammad Reza has participated in scientific activities, such as lecturing and research for both universities and industrial institutes.
His international work experience in South America, the Middle East and Europe with fluency in three languages (English, Spanish, and Persian) has made him an engineer without borders.
Head of Advanced Tech
Currently involved in Autonomous & Connected Vehicles. Expertise in Design, Construction and Testing of UAV and Small Piloted Aircraft. Lifetime experience in high level Motorsport – For more than 20 years has led the transition of motorsport technologies into Aerospace/Other applications with particular emphasis in Electronic Control & Data Systems and Propulsion Technologies. Cosworth/Pi Research – McLaren Applied Technologies. Started formal work with Team Lotus in F1 in 1973. Founded companies (Racing Technology Norfolk -etc.) which conducted joint ventures with Toyota Motor Corporation and the Audi Volkswagen Group. Finished contracting work at McLaren Applied Technologies in December 2016.
John has a lifetime of experience in the aviation and aerospace industry in multiple senior management roles, including CEO, Managing Director, Marketing Director, Commercial Director and Business Development Director. John specialises in raising investment and finance for airports, aerospace, and aviation projects with a specialisation in UK Export Finance. He also assists in the acquisition of aircraft for airlines including finance and leasing. John is a qualified NLP Specialist and Certified Human Resource Manager qualified with the American Certification Institute in Delaware, USA. He is also a Business Coach qualified at Bournemouth University in the UK.
Norman Wijker is a graduate of Cranfield University’s famous Aerospace Vehicle Design course. After graduation, Norman worked in a variety of roles, from software coding for Tilt-rotor performance at the MoD to all-round design/manufacturing at Edgely Aeronautics and positions in Airbus and Boeing. In 2002 Norman brought together a team of sailors and engineers to design and race a C class catamaran for the “little America’s Cup” and raced in championships in the USA and UK. This led to a job working for Airbus future projects during which time Norman was consulted on the new “innovation cell” in Toulouse. Since joining Samad in 2018, Norman has led the designs for e-Starling and Q-Starling.
Head of Avionics
During his industrial career, he contributed to the design and then development of the avionics and systems for a variety of Airbus and Boeing airliners. His doctorate investigated the application of mathematical proofs to computing machines. Since joining academia, he has been part of the current revolution in aviation enabled by electrical power and miniaturised computers, focusing on the development of novel airframes and systems for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. He heads a group of engineers creating UAVs for variety of projects, for applications ranging from renewable energy to defence and security. He has given commentary and spoken on his subjects of expertise to television, radio, and online news channels, discussing airliner safety, defence of airports from rogue drones, and flying taxis.
MARWAN MAURIZIO CHEDID
Dr Marwan Maurizio Chedid has an extensive background with aircraft structures (metal and composite materials, MSc Cranfield University), flight and ground loads (numerical and experimental, PhD at Cranfield University) means of compliance of the certification rules of Initial and Continuing Airworthiness, Structural Integrity Programmes (Operational Loads Measurement, Life Extension) developed through international aerospace manufacturers (Vulcanair, Partenavia, Pilatus, Evektor, and Comac) and maintenance organisation (Marshall Aerospace). This exposed him for more than 20 years to the challenges of the technical departments for civil and military aircraft regulated according to international aviation authorities.
USAMAH ABD LATIF
Flight Test Engineer
Usamah is a versatile engineer with wide professional experience in the aerospace industry, specifically in design, manufacturing, integration, modification and testing of unmanned aircraft. Equipped with an MSc in Aerospace Vehicle Design from Cranfield University, he is very familiar with the design and operation of all type of drones and unmanned aircraft, be it a fixed wing, helicopter, multirotor or hybrid fixed-wing VTOL platform. He has extensive experience, knowledge and technical skills in initial aircraft design, CAD modelling, FEA simulation and analysis, system integration and modification, risk-based assessment for experimental flight test, commercial flight operations, flight data log analysis and reporting for drones and unmanned aircraft.
Our Business Opportunity
Technology driven for an engineered future
S1D & S2D
- S1D. The first flying prototype of the e-Starling was developed to prove the SAMAD Aerospace concept. It has been named the S1 and is a 10% scaled fully-electric and remotely piloted aircraft. It was first showcased in EBACE 2018, in Geneva.
- S2D. Fully electric and remotely piloted aircraft, 20% scale of the e-starling, also a concept demonstrator. It was showcased in EBACE 2018 in Geneva.
S1P & S2P
- S1P. To enhance understanding of control mechanisms and the performance of larger fan propellers, the S1P was designed. It has been named the S1 and is a 10% scaled fully electric and remotely piloted aircraft. It was tested successfully in 2019. The S1P uses contrarotating propellers to generate lift
- S2P. Samad Aerospace progressed to a larger prototype with a wingspan of 20% the size of the e-Starling, namely the S2P. This aircraft was also fully electrically powered and remotely piloted and used to demonstrate a more scalable prototype. High RPM electric ducted fans (EDF) were used to create lift.
- S5U. 50%-scale prototypes of the e-Starling, CTOL versions. The first milestone of this phase was the delivery of an unmanned version (S5U). It has a wing- span of approximately 8 meters. The S5U prototype underwent flight tests in Sept 2020.
- A huge year for Samad Aerospace! 2021 saw numerous successful unmanned VTOL hover tests (fully electric), shortly followed by the ground-breaking manned VTOL hover test (fully electric).
- In collaboration with partners, the first half of 2022 will witness the company’s first full transition VTOL flight test (fully electric)
The second half of 2022 will see the design and build of the production prototype of Starling Cargo, under certification.
- e-Starling. 5-Seater hybrid electric powered passenger aircraft with full VTOL capability. Cruising speed will be 250 Mph with a range starting from 780 miles, maximum endurance expected: 7 hours (depending on payload/speed).