Aircraft Design Engineer
Skif recently graduated from the MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design from Cranfield University, and with first class honours in his bachelor for Mechanical Engineering from Polytechnical University of Catalonia. He has a year work experience in Spain in the Automotive sector as support Quality Engineer. During which he gained important skills such as CAD modelling, FEA stress analysis, fluid dynamics and design. Together with his developed technical skills, Skif is fluent in four languages (English, Spanish, Catalan & German) making him adaptable to any situation.
Our Business Opportunity
Technology driven for an engineered future
S1D & S2D.
- S1D. The first flying prototype of the e-Starling has been developed, to prove the SAMAD Aerospace concept. It has been named the S1 and is a 10% scaled fully electric and remotely piloted aircraft. It was showcased in EBACE 2018 in Geneva.
- S2D. Fully electric and remotely piloted aircraft. It was showcased in EBACE 2018 in Geneva.
S1P & S2P.
- S1P. In order to get a better idea of control mechanisms and the performance of larger fan propellers S1P is designed. It has been named the S1 and is a 10% scaled fully electric and remotely piloted aircraft. It was tested successfully in 2019.
- S2P. After a successful experience with the S1 SAMAD Aerospace (SAL) progressed to a larger prototype with a wingspan of 20% size the e-Starling, the S2. This aircraft was also fully electrically powered and remotely piloted and was used to demonstrate a more scalable prototype. The S1P uses contrarotating propellers to generate lift, instead of high RPM electric ducted fans (EDF) of the S2P.
- S5U. 50%-scale prototypes of the e-Starling The first milestone of this phase was the delivery of an unmanned version (S5U). It has a wing- span of approximately 8 meters. The S5U prototype is expected to undergo flight tests in Sept 2020.
- S5M. The same as S5U, it has a wing- span of approximately 8 meters. This aircraft will be tested to give the confidence to the SAL team to move towards the second milestone, which is flight of a manned version of the 50%-scale prototype of the e-Starling (S5M).
- e-Starling. 5-Seater hybrid electric powered passenger aircraft with full VTOL capability. Cruising speed will be 300 Mph and a range up to 400 miles, depending on the payload.